The Mount Pleasant Community Centre Association Is holding an All-Candidates Meeting for Park Board Starting at 6:30 pm on September 23, 2022
Located in the gymnasium at #1 Kingsway at 7th & Main
The meeting will start with a half-hour “Meet & Greet” where Park Board Candidates and potential voters can talk informally. At 7 pm, candidates will take their places at tables provided for them, the public can take their seats, and the Moderator will begin the formal meeting. There will be Candidate introductions, a couple of questions from the sponsor of the meeting, the Board of Directors of the Mount Pleasant Community Centre Association, and then an open mic where members of the public can pose questions to the candidates. The meeting ENDS at 9 pm.
Light Refreshments will be served.
All are welcome, but we do ask that you observe our Code of Conduct for Events (see below).
AND DON’T FORGET TO VOTE ON OCTOBER 15 OR AT THE ADVANCE POLLS!
- Be friendly and patient.
- Be welcoming. We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports people of all backgrounds and identities. This includes members of any race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, color, immigration status, social and economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, and mental and physical ability.
- Be considerate. If you are advocating for a cause, your ideas will be considered by others, and you in turn will be asked to consider their ideas. Any decision you take will affect those attending the event, and you should take those consequences into account when making decisions. Remember that we’re a world-wide community, so you might not be communicating in someone else’s primary language.
- Be respectful. People working together will inevitably disagree or become frustrated with one another at times, but conflict is no excuse for bad behavior or personal attacks. A community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one. Be respectful of one another and those outside our community who interact with us.
- Be careful in the words that you choose. Conduct yourself professionally. Be kind to others. Refrain from all forms of harassment, including:
- Violent threats or language directed against another person.
- Discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting (or threatening to post) other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, especially those using racist or sexist terms.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Repeated harassment of others. In general, if someone asks you to stop, then stop.
- Be understanding. Strive to resolve disagreements constructively. People in our community come from different backgrounds and have different perspectives. If you disagree with someone, seek to understand their perspective and share yours respectfully.