Planning your visit to Mount Pleasant Community Centre during COVID-19
COVID-19 safety measures
To encourage physical distancing and keep everyone safe, we are:
- Adding extensive signage to educate patrons on new processes, procedures, and safety measures
- Training staff on new safety protocols
- Screening staff daily for their health
- Sanitizing rooms and shared spaces
- Staggering programs to reduce the number of people in a space at any given time
General safety practices
Stay home if you are sick. By entering our facilities, you are declaring that you are in good health.
- Take the BC Health self-assessment if you are unsure
- Masks are mandatory at this time.
- Respect and follow staff directions, queuing procedures, and posted signage at all times.
- Maintain 2 metres distance or more from others at all times.
- Sites will have designated entrances and exits with one-way flow of traffic.
- Not all traditional entrances and exits will be available.
- Look for signage on walls and floors.
Plan your visit
What you need to know before you arrive:
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes before your registered program or activity time.
- Arrive ready for your program. Change rooms and showers will not be available.
- Facilities are not open for casual use.
- Leave the building as soon as your program ends.
- Be prepared to answer a health screening questionnaire at the start of your program.
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle. Water fountains may not be available.
- Leave your valuables at home. Lockers will not be available.
- Accessibility needs may vary at this time – check with your centre for details.
Visiting Mount Pleasant Community Centre
When you arrive, here’s what to expect:
- Reduced capacity and program changes to allow for physical distancing.
- More time between sessions for advanced cleaning.
- Reduced washroom capacities. Keep your washroom visits brief.
- Saunas, steam rooms, and whirlpools are closed.
- Specialized facilities such as pottery and woodworking studios, and food service amenities may be closed.
- Equipment supply and requirements will vary.
- Rentals are not available at this time.
Check please call us at 604.257.3080 ext 1 for additional information.